Please include the information of the person that you would like to baptize you below.
If you do not have someone in mind that you would like to baptize you, please just enter "N/A" for each of the answers below and we will find someone for you!
Statement of Basic Belief
These beliefs represent the core of central orthodox beliefs from a biblical and
historical perspective. While a full understanding and the ability to adequately articulate
these beliefs is not required, the explicit rejection of any one of these particular beliefs
disqualifies one from membership in Citizens Church.
that the Scriptures are true, authoritative and sufficient
- (Ps. 19:7-11; 2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Pet. 1:20-21).
that there is only one God
- (Deut. 6:4; Isa. 45:5-6, 46:9-10; John 17:3; 1 Cor. 8:4-6; 1 Tim. 2:5).
that the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God; and that the Father is neither the Son nor the Holy Spirit, the Son is neither the Father nor the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit is neither the Father nor the Son
- (Gen. 1:26; Ps. 45:6-7, 110:1; Matt. 3:13-17, 28:17-20; 1 Cor. 12:4-6).
that I am, along with all humanity—Christ excluded—by birth and action a sinner
- (Gen. 6:5; Ps. 51:5; Jer. 17:9; Rom. 3:23, 5:8, 12-21, 7:18; Eph. 2:1-3)
that the deserved penalty for sin is death, both physical and spiritual
- (Gen. 2:15-17, 3:19; Rom. 5:12, 6:23; Jas. 1:14-15).
that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, was born of a virgin and is both fully God and fully human.
- (Matt. 1:20; Luke 2:52; John 1:1-4, 14; Col. 1:15-20; Heb. 1:1-3)
that Jesus Christ died as my substitute to pay the penalty for my sin
- (John 1:29, 10:1-18; Rom. 5:8; 1 Cor. 15:1-4; 2 Cor. 5:21; Gal. 1:4; 1 Pet. 3:18)
that Jesus Christ physically ascended into heaven and will one day physically return
- (John 14:3; Acts 1:11; 1 Thess. 4:16; Heb. 9:28; 1 Jn. 3:2; Rev. 1:7)
in a future physical resurrection of the dead. Those who trust in Jesus Christ will be raised to eternal reward. Those who have not trusted in Jesus Christ will be raised to eternal punishment
- (Matt. 25:31-46; John 5:28-29; Acts 24:15).
that only by trusting in the person and work of Jesus Christ alone can I be reconciled to God and experience true life and joy
- (John 3:18, 14:6; Acts 4:12; Rom. 3:21-26; 1 Tim. 2:5-6).
Please include your testimony below. If you need help writing your testimony, please
reference the "Preparing Your Testimony" document below. Should you need further
assistance, please notate your need in the section below.